Lonely Planet Best of Rome is your passport to the Rome´s top sights and most authentic experiences.
Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, dine like a local in Trastevere, and blow your mind on the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums; all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of Rome:
- In-depth coverage of the destination´s must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes cuisine, art, architecture, history, wine, sport, and etiquette)
- Free, convenient pull-out Romemap (included in print version)
- Covers Trastevere, Gianicolo, Centro Storico, Ancient Rome, Tridente, Trevi, Quirinale, Vatican City, Villa Borghese, Borgo, Prati and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetBest of Rome , our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Rome´s most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Also looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the ins and outs of the city´s neighborhoods? Check out Lonely PlanetRome guide.
- Or check out Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on only the absolutely can´t-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Also be sure to check out Lonely PlanetItaly for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Best of Italya photo-rich guide to the country´s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world´s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.