World – Being a medical Doctor – Humanity
Motivation, Ethics, Doing
Humans and humanity are in danger of becoming lonely and losing each other. So the longevity of life is at stake with the crash of no return. Life on the planet has a beginning and an end, so that the equilibrium on which the eternal harmony of life is based, which reaches deep into medicine, is maintained. Nothing and no one can fall out of the role of the great life cycle without being punished for it. This is also how ethics see it, which is more closely related to ‘World Reason’ than people believed and expected during their lifetime. The problem is balancing in the reorientation, because without it the right way into the future cannot be found and epilepsy spreads along the wrong paths. Man needs the leading hand, just as the adult leads the amazed child into the world and explains things to him and, as he walks on, removes or tries to take away his fear of the world of the unknown. Knowledge alone does not solve the problems of fear. The leading hand is necessary as long as the known is short and the unknown is long.
Every organ in the organism serves the purpose of taking up and fulfilling its assigned function. The fulfillment of the function thus contributes to the maintenance of the organism. In biology, genesis meets individual growth (ontogenesis) and the emergence of species (phylogenesis). Ontogenesis is the germ-causal determination of the individual, and phylogeny is germ-causal species determination. In addition, there are random genetic changes in the plus and minus variants, the results of which determine the type and degree of natural selection. The aim of moral endeavor is to bring one's own condition into line with the level of morality. Morality is immortal and demands its place in this world. On the other hand, the responsibility borne by humans is perishable with death. In ethics, it is otherness that takes possession of responsibility. The form and spirit of the situation shape the action and go beyond the set goal in the ethical decision.
- Kindheitserlebnisse von der “Reichskristallnacht” und den Bombennächten über Köln
- Übersiedlung nach Bautzen, wo der Vater als Gynäkologe eine kleine Frauenklinik betreibt
- sieht als 10-Jähriger wenige Monate vor Kriegsende, wie ein Zug von Häftlingen in KZ-Kleidung von der SS bewacht durch die Stadt zieht
- 1951 Rückkehr nach Köln, um dem “roten” Polit-Terror zu entgehen
- Medizinstudium in Köln und München
- seit 1960 Arzt, 1961 promoviert
- dreijährige Ausbildung in der pathologischen Anatomie (Universität Köln)
- Facharzt der Chirurgie (Universität Köln), der Traumatologie und plastisch rekonstruktiven Chirurgie (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
- 1985-1998 Arzt und Chirurg am Hospital in Oshakati
- zum “Honorary Professor of the University of Namibia” ernannt (1997