Fundamentals of Professional Film and Video Production
Hands down, the fastest way to get your filmmaking game up to speed! Easy-to-read text designed to increase your ability and confidence as a filmmaker with each chapter. Whether you are an aspiring independent filmmaker, currently enrolled in film school, or an instructor of film and video related coursework, this book has something for everyone. Loaded with illustrations, up-to-date production terminology, and valuable industry insight, this edition also includes a valuable sample production forms section. Learn from the mistakes of others while picking up expert tips on avoiding some of the most common pitfalls encountered by beginning filmmakers. Film Crew focuses on the nuts and bolts of film and video productions, and helps take the mystery out of the movie making process. It bridges the gap between the craft of storytelling and the technical skills needed to bring a concept to life. Straight to the point, easy to follow, and great illustrations. Look inside this book and you will quickly learn:
* The power of storytelling and how to develop your idea into a winning script.
* Casting techniques and how choosing the right actors can make or break your project.
* How to scout, select, and secure locations and learn to recognize what makes them ¿production friendly¿.
* Fundamentals of camera placement, frame composition, and setting up shots.
* Ways to add maximum production value to any film or video project without breaking the budget.
* Common mistakes often made by beginners that can easily be avoided and might just save your project.