Lonely Planet Best of New York City is your passport to NYC´s top sights and most authentic experiences.
Stroll the massive green spaces of Central Park, overload your senses in Chinatown, and be inspired by the Statue of Liberty; all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of New York City:
- In-depth coverage of the destination´s must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes cuisine, art, architecture, history, wine, sport, and etiquette)
- Free, convenient pull-out New York Citymap (included in print version)
- Covers Manhattan, Soho, Chinatown, East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea and the Meatpacking District, Union Square, Central Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetBest of New York Cityour easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on New York City´s most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Also looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the ins and outs of the city´s neighborhoods? Check out Lonely PlanetNew York City guide.
- Or check out Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on only the absolutely can´t-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Also be sure to check out Lonely PlanetEastern USA for a comprehensive look at all that the region has to offer, or Lonely PlanetBest of USAa photo-rich guide to the country´s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world´s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers´ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
´Lonely Planet. It´s on everyone´s bookshelves; it´s in every traveller´s hands. It´s on mobile phones. It´s on the Internet. It´s everywhere, and it´s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.´ - Fairfax Media (Australia)